POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature request: Strings in "switch" statements : Feature request: Strings in "switch" statements Server Time
1 May 2024 08:55:47 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: Strings in "switch" statements
From: SharkD
Date: 25 Jun 2008 17:05:01
Message: <web.4862b25f88b3e5e9388aeae80@news.povray.org>
I would like to request that strings be allowed in switch statements. This is a
pretty common feature in programming languages, and I was kind of disappointed
that POV-Ray doesn't allow this. I like to use strings as configuration
settings, as they're more readable, and then use a switch statement to check
their values.

Thanks.

-Mike